Halloween is just around the corner at this point, so no guilt about sharing this cool project today. Also, happy first day of fall!
Today I will be showing you how to make a creepy potion bottle from -get this- a sample-sized bottle of Listerine!
My dentist hands these out like candy (no Halloween pun intended :P) and I kept the empty bottles, hoping one day I would have a project for them.
Well, that day has come, my friends. Check out this tricked-out thing!
The best part is I was able to make it with materials I already had. Didn’t need to spend a cent!
1. The first step is boring, but it has to be done: get that label off your bottle! (Actually, the way I ended up doing this, I probably didn’t even have to…)
2. Find some cool labels online! There are TONS of free printables out there on the web. Find a set you like and print it out.
I picked this set because they were colorful. I saw loads of them that have that aged-paper look to them, but I didn’t care for that as much.
3. Because my bottle still had residue on it from taking the label off, I cut a piece of paper roughly the same size as the label, although slightly longer so I could glue the overlapped ends together.
4. Next, I cut the printed label out and glued it on top of the orange band.
I was almost finished, except…the top of the lid has an illustration on it to show how to open the bottle. I didn’t want that!
5. Trace and cut out a circle from the same orange paper used to make the band. Glue it on top of the lid.
Tada! All finished!
I hope you liked this project as much as I did! The idea is of course far from original, but this was my spin on it.
As always, connect and share on social media!
Next week will be pretty busy for me so there may not be a post. If not, I’ll see you in two weeks.